Thursday 15 February 2018

January Favourites & What I've been up to | 2018

Well, it's certainly been a while since I've featured a monthly favourites post. Thought I'd start my new year off right, by sharing what I have been loving & share a little update on the crazy life I call my own. Most of what I have been loving is from Christmas, just goes to show how the little things in life make the world a happier place. 


Victoria Secret Underwear - I guess you can say my Victoria's Secret virginity is long gone. Definitely, the most comfortable pieces I have ever worn, no joke. My boyfriend treated me to some gorgeous underwear at Christmas and let me tell you, he has good taste. I won't show the actual underwear as they're in the washing pile; to be washed. But I can't swear by them enough. Not usually one for this type of brand but since being introduced, I want more. 

"You look beautiful today" Home decoration - My mum and stepdad got this for me and my boyfriend for when was moving house so we could add a positive spin to the new flat. Always have loved little pick me ups like this because even after a crap day this lifts me up. Personal opinion; I genuinely think everyone needs a little positive decoration within their home, makes it cosier. My boyfriend and I still need to add things to the walls so this beautiful decoration can have its own little place. Literally obsessed with it, my parents are definitely the cutest!

Batiste Dry Shampoo and Conditioner - I've always loved dry shampoo's to an extent, apart from when my last one tried to damage my hair, oops! However, having a 2 in 1 dry shampoo/conditioner is like the heaven gates opening with that classical music. My hair loves the formula of this little baby, and whenever I'm having an "I can't be bothered to wash my hair" day, I reach for this. I would highly recommend anyone to use it; you can get it here. 

Beauty Formulas with activated Charcoal Detox facial wipes - Wouldn't at all surprise me if these have been featured in another favourites post of mine, but it's no biggie as I love them. My skin is very temperamental and each day is never the same. If you've read my posts before you will know that anything charcoal is ultimately going to be a godsend for my skin. That being said, it was a huge success and quite frankly, couldn't be happier. It helps to remove the build-up of oils and other impurities within your skin but it leaves your skin feeling clean, looking fresh and radiant. You can find them here.


"Leave a little sparkle, whenever you go" Home Decoration - If this isn't a motto in life to follow then I don't know what is. Again, my parents got me this sparkly bundle of joy for Christmas and as soon as I laid eyes on it, it made me excited for my new flat. I can't wait to add it to the walls or put it on my makeup stand in the bedroom as it's just so lovely and the quote itself keeps me positive on very hard, anxious days. 

" J " Makeup bag My boyfriends family got me this makeup bag and I've been getting so much use out of it, especially when I moved to my mums for 2 weeks until my new place was sorted, taking my makeup to my boyfriend's house at the time was so much easier. It fits all my makeup in it and soon I'll hopefully get round to a what's in my makeup bag blog post :)  

Leaf "greek style" ring - If you're from the UK, go to the shop called "Select". It is by far my ultimate favourite clothing store alongside Primark. Recently, I was in there with my boyfriend and I spotted this ring, instantly falling in love with it & girls, as you know that's so easily done. It was on sale too at £2 reduced from £4 or £6 I think, definite bargain! Always getting so much wear from it and one of the best pieces of jewellery that are in my collection.  


Wonder candle holder - Yano when you're shopping for Christmas presents & you're not meant to be spending money on yourself but you see something and are like "I know someone who would love that, meeee" no? just me then haha. ANYWAYS, I saw this candle holder and instantly needed it for my new flat. ok, didn't quite need it but you get my gist. It was reduced in a Christmassy sale for £3 and it came with a Black Cherry candle so I was happy dancing all the way to the checkout.

"Golddigga" Just Pink Perfume - This is more or less my go-to perfume every single day. It's a sweet but not over the top kind of scent. When wearing it, I get so many compliments & it's got that addictive smell, I can't really describe it but if you have a perfume or spray that you can't live without then you'll know what I mean. I've had this for a while and when I use it all, it'll be a sad day as I have sooooo much perfume that needs using. A post will follow soon :) 

Lonsdale London Sports Bras - If you read my favourites post from 2015 (yes, that long ago) you'll know I got new sports bra's for when I had a personal trainer. They lasted me 3 years? Such amazing quality that I got two more new ones recently. Sports direct have the best sports bra's & they are so comfortable. Lonsdale sports bras for me help keep me supported and "all in" to put it one way, but I can't recommend them enough & they are very affordable. Find them here


Studio London Brush set - I love new brushes, especially when they're super soft and glide across your face so elegantly. Ok, so I may be exaggerating but who cares. I received these a gift for Christmas and have been using them alongside my real techniques brushes ever since. Growing up I was never into doing my makeup, better yet - never knew how to use brushes until YouTube became what it is today. Ever since it's like my little collection is growing ever so slightly & that's fine with me. 


Joe Wicks "Lean in 15" Cook Book - I always say that tomorrow will be the day my eating habits change and most of the time it fails. Although this book is my ultimate inspiration to stay motivated and eat clean. IT HAS WORKED but I still haven't cooked a full meal from this book but, I have eaten healthy... ish haha. Nah, I've selected out a few recipes for me and my boyfriend to try and we're beyond excited to stick to a good lifestyle.


WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO THROUGHOUT JANUARY? 

If you've made it this far, well done for not falling asleep haha. January was such a good month, so many exciting things happened and what better way to share it than on here. 

  • I finally moved to Sheffield with my boyfriend and settled into our first flat together. It's been a crazy busy experience and we step on each other's toes which is common first time living together - But I live with my best friend and couldn't be happier. Although he's glued to the PS4 and acts like a manchild when he loses a game hahaha!
  • Started planning posts for my blog - successful so far on top of a full-time job. Although, I haven't posted frequently, however, I have finally found my feet and decided to post content that I like reading / like to see in the blogging world. 
  • Failed a driving test - Screw what people say, this is the real world we live in. If you pass the first time, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. It's not about who can pass what first time or whatever, it's about how you get back up from being told no or not getting it the first time. Unfortunately, this test occurred twice for me and both times I screwed up. My last test - I was so close but didn't change lanes on a dual carriageway and my certificate went bye bye. But that's ok because I will learn from this and nail it next time. 
  • Watched "The Greatest Showman" - Not one for musicals but this film is insane. I plan to do a separate post for this film so I won't give anything away. Just please watch it you will not be disappointed. I took my boyfriend to see it and he hates musicals lol, but he is obsessed with this one & even has the playlist Spotify it's that good.
I also became an adult, signing up for the doctors and dentist instead of making my mum ring up on my behalf haha. Jokes aside, I've loved the first month of January - loved so many things, made new memories and stayed positive/happy along the way :) Even got two new diaries to pencil in any plans I have, keep on track of bills and work. The best way for sure to stay organised. 

WHAT DID YOU ENJOY ABOUT JANUARY?

Thanks for reading!

Find me here: 
Instagram: @jaydeekelly 
Twitter: @crashl0nelystar 

xo

DISCLAIMER
* All photo's in this post belong to me, Jaydee Kelly.
* All opinions are my own on products. 
Anything I have mentioned and could find will be linked within the descriptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment