Saturday 11 July 2015

Favourite read(s)



I decided to go home for 3 weeks over the summer period to enjoy some quality time with my family, as I spend the majority of my time away from the nest. Since being back I have got back into reading, although I never really got out of it. 

However, I've been trying to read a book by one of my all time favourite author's 'Nicholas Sparks', He writes multiple love stories and wow, they leave me speechless each time. It's called "A bend in the road" and I just want to share what I think about it. 

Most romance stories, tend to end the same way right? however, Nicholas Sparks has a way  of changing the stereotype that's been given to the particular genre, in fact, his writing will leave you in floods of tears or hanging for more. A quick spoiler of the book; "A bend in the road" focuses on a broken family, of sheriff Miles Ryan and his son, Jonah Ryan who lost wife/mother Missy in a hit and run accident. 
As Miles works within the law enforcement he becomes obsessed with tracking down who took his wife away, until he meets his son's teacher, new love interest, Sarah. 

Now, I wasn't too keen on where the story was going as I thought it was going to be cliché, but it wasn't. Far from it. I haven't got that far into it, and don't particularly want to ruin it for anyone else. After I've completely finished it, I will do a full review on the book, but for now I just wanted to share the enjoyment of my newest read.

Do read it if you have time, you won't regret it.

Xo

(All photo's in this post are from google, unless stated as my own)

2 comments:

  1. In the book, does Miles's new love interest, Sarah, turn out to be the person who killed his wife???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, i think it may be a guy... as the job was suited for a warehouse job..Haven't got that far in it yet :)

      Delete