Monday 27 May 2019

Life Update | Wagamama's Date

Instagram: @Jaydeekelly 
Life at the moment has been CRAZY! Recently, I've been so busy at work doing extra hours just so at the end of May my two weeks off would be approved to celebrate my birthday and it was so Woohoo! Around the 15th May I had a hospital appointment for a scan to see if the pain in my tummy is being caused by another ovarian cyst, as last October I had surgery for one that had ruptured and we're pretty confident that there may be another, maybe more, nesting in my pelvic area ready to be taken out which is what I'm preparing myself for. It's quite weird to get my head around, I have a feeling of what it may be but hopefully, my mind is just overthinking and it comes back to be nothing. What I believe is more difficult is dealing with the intense cramping and severe pain, finding ways on how to get comfortable and just overall living with the fact that another surgery may be in the cards which will be my third one in 3 years (one a year, so crazy! lol). After that appointment, a little pick-me-up was needed.

My partner took me to my favourite restaurant Wagamama in Meadowhall, Sheffield. And it definitely didn't disappoint. Since University it's safe to say that I've become obsessed but if you've had Wagamama's you'll know I'm not being over dramatic when I say their food is GOALS.
Might be biased here but oh well, Waga's do the BEST chilli squid ever (you're lying if you say it isn't), without even looking at the menu I knew my order already. So I went for a 'Blueberry Spice' smoothie which literally made me so happy as it's so delish, Chilli Squid then a Katsu Chicken Curry with Jasmine rice and salad. It's my usual as when eating out as it's all about watching what will trigger my intolerances (I'm gluten and lactose intolerant) but this is something I can't stay away from and luckily, none of it bloated or affected my stomach so it was a great afternoon all in all. The quality of the food was 9/10 - cooked so well, came out piping hot and was overall YUMMY. 

So after a very uncomfortable appointment, this is how I changed my day around turning a negative to a positive. Soon, I'll know what the outcome is from my scans as all I know at present is that my results are somewhat "substantial" whatever that is indicating and hoping to raise awareness with a separate post :-)

Thanks for reading!

Find me here: 
Instagram: @jaydeekelly 
Twitter: @crashl0nelystar

No comments:

Post a Comment