Thursday 30 May 2019

Why It's Vital To Surround Yourself With People Who Inspire You | Social Media Edition


It's so important to follow people who inspire you or encourage you to be the best version of yourself. There's nothing worse than following a pessimistic 'influencer' on Social Media for them obstructive to their following 24/7 over the littlest thing. This post appeared here first on Just me, Jaydee xo.
I recently unfollowed someone who I used to love watching due to them being cynical about particular things and became so repetitive it actually started to affect my mental state. By that I mean, it began making me demoralised towards most things, depressed and just not a nice person to be around. Just note, that being constantly bleak about everything in life does affect those who support you, are around you etc. Crazy, I know but it is really happening. So, I made this rule that I'll only follow anyone that truly inspires me. 

I'm not saying people aren't allowed to be negative, as we all have bad days. There's just a difference with being real and raw with your following and then there's constantly looking for reasons to be negative and unhappy with the littlest of things. It's sad to see and most of all it's the people who are considered 'followers' who suffer more. Mental Health is real which some people online, still don't seem to realise and it's hard to watch.
But there's the other hand of people that are talking/thinking/acknowledging mental health a bit more frequently across social media platforms who are choosing to educate themselves on it, I completely stand by that. However, it's up to us as 'followers' to keep our social media relatively positive so it doesn't make us unhappy and so we don't compare our lives to the people we visualise as 'perfect' in order to feel shitty about our own life. Following pessimistic individuals will cause this to happen.  It's vital to keep our mental health as a top priority and follow those that make us smile like a Cheshire cat and feel happy like when you're passionate about something.

So that being said, I have selected two YouTubers/Instagram Babes that I currently adore to watch and want to share their links as they're so down to earth, real and raw people. It's definitely lifted my Mental Health and I always feel somewhat happy with the content these girls produce. 

Meggan Grubb


I've been following Meggan Grubb since 2017 and first found her channel through her 10,000 calorie challenge video. Crazy to think it was that long ago. I began to watch her other videos as I just saw how motivated she is and found her personality similar to mine. Watching her evolve over the last two years has been the best as she's always so smiley and positive, expresses herself well when she's feeling anxious or having a rubbish day and I can just relate on so many levels. Meggan is definitely someone I adore and will continue to watch on YouTube as her quirkiness picks me up after a hard day. It's rare you find somebody who is real and raw on social media and just has amazing energy. If you don't follow her on Instagram (@meggangrubb) you definitely should! 


Sarah's Day aka Sezzy 


I've recently just come across Sarah's Day this year. After seeing her pregnancy post online and the photo of her little love, Fox, I checked out her Instagram and instantly was like "this girl is so cool!" so I went to her youtube, watched some videos and I'm hooked. Also, the Australian accent is just HEAVEN. Sarah's whole vibe is what I live for, so upbeat and sassy, kind-hearted and inspiring. I was currently sat in a queue at 4:00am waiting for some of her activewear when writing this post, now if that's not dedication, don't know what is. I'm all for supporting other women and watching them grow within their journey. I admire the vibe this woman is bringing so many people around the world and her strength through her hardships with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is admirable as it's something I'm currently having tested with my doctors. Sarah's youtube is full advice and it's just a blessing to have discovered her channel. After admiring Sarah's lifestyle and motivation to keep fit, I've used some of her tips to help me shed a few lbs and the results have been good so far! If you don't follow this girl, then please do! She's really inspired me to not only change my lifestyle but gave me hope with a lot of things as well.

What have you noticed about the people you follow, do you find yourself doubting yourself? If the answer is yes, then it's time for a revamp of your following/friends lists!

Thanks for reading!

Find me here: 
Instagram: @jaydeekelly 
Twitter: @crashl0nelystar

2 comments:

  1. I only follow people that are real like you said. I don't mind them ( like I do) having bad days and moans ( because I do too) it become a problem , for me anyway, when they moan and are negative every single days. In most case I will unfollow them. I have my own problems to deal with and there is a lady I follow ( I mute her as I felt bad to unfollow her) she is constantly moaning about her Instagram not growing anymore ( she s got like 23k followers) or she would moan about brands, or she would moan about people, or a family , or that Starbuck run out of her fav drink ( really?) etc. basically her life is just a big moan! so I mute her on Instagram. Apart from that she s a talented photographer and blogger but her constant negativity was painful for me.

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, having something like that on your feed is mentally draining! If you feel bad for muting her, I think it'll be a sigh of relief pressing the unfollow button so you don't have to engage with the constant negativity. Like you say, you have your own hardships to be dealing with, don't take on everyone elses. I once did that and it nearly destroyed me. Do what's best for you and don't feel bad for keeping your social media feed(s) a happy and upbeat place!

      Much Love <3
      Jaydee xx

      Delete