Tuesday 27 February 2018

2018 Blogging Goals

I've been blogging for around 3 years now, on and off. My love/hate relationship with my blog has finally paid off. Suppose you can say it's been hit and miss for the last couple of years. Alongside a full-time job, it's difficult to remain upbeat and excited about your content when all you want to do is sleep and unwind after a long shift. That was my life for the last year and a half and since the back end of last year, it all changed & I had more time to post the content that inspired me to write. 

 * Property of Jaydee Kelly *

Blogging is my escape, from everything going on in life. I love being able to sit down at my laptop and put my all into content for this blog. Some posts don't make the final cut but it's nice to look back on, giving myself ideas of where to improve or how I can develop my writing style into something more promising. This blog began in 2015 - it was a distraction from my depression while in the second year at University. Safe to say not much content was produced until my final year studying but even then it suffered. 

Lets fast forward to now... Recently my blog has been my fresh start to expressing my love for writing and content I love reading from other people - of course, putting my own spin on things. I love it. Although it's a case of still finding a rhythm for my little platform, it's a nice learning curve. 


WHAT MY GOALS FOR MY BLOG ARE...
  • Create exciting content - Recently, I've decided to keep my blog about a bit of everything, under the 'Lifestyle' tab. If you can't use your platform to express yourself and what you have experienced, loved, cooked, made or bought etc. then what can you use it for? The aim of my content is so my audience can get to know me through what I choose to post. From a range of topics; Travel, Beauty items, haircare, film and tv, books, music, food, fitness etc. You name it, It'll make an appearance on here eventually. Heres to an exciting blogging year!!
  • Make a difference - Whether that's working alongside a charity or giving back to those on the streets; I want to strive to make a difference while documenting it all on here. Not for "bragging" material, just because the world needs more love and inspiration than the controversy it's at now. 
  • Meet new people - It would be nice to meet other bloggers and share experiences, learn new things and inspire one another to be the best we can be. I'm all for making new friends and meeting new people along a new journey and I'd love to have a few close friends who share the same ambitions as me with blogging and want to see the world. 
  • Travel - As someone who has never left the U.K I would love to travel and blog my experiences! It's a promising goal to do something so creative and share the world through my eyes on here. 
  • Expanding opportunities; Working alongside NEW & Favourite brands - The feeling of being able to work with a brand that I adore literally gives me goosebumps. For me, my biggest goal is to work alongside The Bodyshop and create some upbeat content on here, vlog an experience of working with them & produce something so exciting. A girl can dream, right?
  • Be a full-time blogger - This is my ultimate dream. I decided to make my blog more lifestyle as it's full of a range of things that I personally love & would like to engage other people in. To know that my content is making someone's day or any advice I post is helping at least one person, will mean the absolute world to me. It's nice knowing there are people out there that support your rambles and like the content you post. Very motivating! 

What are your goals for blogging this year?

Thanks for reading!

Find me here: 
Instagram: @jaydeekelly 
Twitter: @crashl0nelystar 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment