Saturday 17 March 2018

A letter to 26 year old me | 2018


Dear 26-year-old, Jade.

I'm writing you this sat at my dining table, after having a horrible day. I'm hoping you're smiling reading this and embracing the fact that you're happier than ever, without a care in the world.

How are you? I hope you're well. I hope your depression and anxiety is very minimal now you've moved on with life. If not, don't worry - you'll get there. You went through years of hell, you deserve to be happy and I'm pretty positive this is the case. I've always had faith that you'd find happiness, especially throughout the darkest days. Life has a funny way of testing you doesn't it?

I bet you got that job you wanted/dreamt about, making the big numbers and kicking ass every day showing people how great you are. Don't forget how much you've grown in the last three years, there's still a lot of work to do, of course. Just promise me this; Never lose sight of happiness or your dreams. Don't let anyone take away your smile & certainly don't take shit from shitty employers, that is in the past!

Pretty sure you're at your peak in life, whatever road you're currently down. It's exciting thinking about the future and what it holds. I have high hopes for you, Jade. Strive to be the best at everything you do and never settle for anything less.

26 eh? blimey, that went fast. I couldn't be more proud of where you are now. You've handled life better than I thought you would and I'm so proud.

What's next for you? I'd love to hear what 26-year-old Jade is doing and how she is.
Can't wait to hear from you.

Love always,
23-Year-old, Jade xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment